• anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

try FAVC or mediacoder
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• reynosop
      • Sep 2006

k , boss. now how about if the WMV file are protected. how do i go bypass this problem with WVM files and be capable of decoding it to mpeg2

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

you could try FairUse4WM
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Automate UnDRM, a bit hard to find now due to Microsoft's complaining, but let me know if you want a link.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• reynosop
            • Sep 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
            Automate UnDRM, a bit hard to find now due to Microsoft's complaining, but let me know if you want a link.

i cant seem to find the link for automate undrm, all the links that are posted are no longer there with the Zip files or miror files. I just tried using Fairuse4WM 1.3 and it wont work. it tells me that it requires a different private key.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

There's Automate UnDRM - just install and restart, then right click on the file and select Automate UnDRM
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• reynosop
                • Sep 2006

k, i tired that program and no luck. maybe if i give a little bit of details on to were im getting this program at it may help out a bit.
                im DL all of these movies from Cinemanow.com i have this acc where i could get these movies.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

OK, if that doesn't work, you have a newer verison of Windows Media Player, or the update that makes removing DRM not work. At this point, there's nothing you can do about it, because the only luck I've had is if it JUST happened.

However, try this
                  Go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and check Show Updates. See of there's a "Windows Media Format" in there. Let me know if there is.
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• reynosop
                    • Sep 2006

k boss, I'm running WMF 11, i receantly installed this so that my xbox 360 could be compatible with my computer.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

WMF11 will not work with removing DRM. Nor will 10, you need 9.

Two choices.

If it's what I call a "public domain" liscense (meaning you can play the file on any computer), download and install Microsoft Virtual PC and install XP on that - out of the box, Automate UnDRM will work.

If it's a one-PC only liscense, you might have trouble, because downgrading your WMF involves deleting your liscenses.

The second option, which works (but be sure to back up your liscenses!!), is to uninstall WMF11, and 10 if it was on there before. Then go to View-Folder Options, and uncheck "hide system files". Then navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users, and delete the folder called DRM.

Then you just have to re-individualize, I will tell you how to do that if you choose the second option.
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• reynosop
                        • Sep 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                        WMF11 will not work with removing DRM. Nor will 10, you need 9.

Two choices.

If it's what I call a "public domain" liscense (meaning you can play the file on any computer), download and install Microsoft Virtual PC and install XP on that - out of the box, Automate UnDRM will work.

If it's a one-PC only liscense, you might have trouble, because downgrading your WMF involves deleting your liscenses.

The second option, which works (but be sure to back up your liscenses!!), is to uninstall WMF11, and 10 if it was on there before. Then go to View-Folder Options, and uncheck "hide system files". Then navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users, and delete the folder called DRM.

Then you just have to re-individualize, I will tell you how to do that if you choose the second option.
                        hey Bud, Sorry to reply so late on this. When i use Automate do i choose delete original or do i just decrypt it? I just DL Virtual PC onto another comp of mine, which has an old Ver of Windows Media

Comment

Working...