X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scumdk
    • Feb 2007

Long heads in all movies.

hiya guys. Hope you can help me out.

Everytime i play a movie on my computer that i want to see on my TV its like theres zoomed in on the movie and its been stretched upwards so that the people get long heads. Ive tried re-installing windows and tried it on 2 different computers with the same problem. I have the newest NVIDIA drivers and the two GFX cards i have are : nVidia 6600GT & nVidia 7950GT
    The movie looks fine on the computer. You know when you watch a movie theres like a black bar in the top and in the bottom of the screen, this is not happening on the TV, It goes full screen and stretches the image to fill out the TV screen.

Ive tried a 3rd computer where it works like a charm, so its not the cable or anything. All computers have the same drivers and settings.... im completely blank. The 3rd computer has a FX5200 nVidia GFX card.

Ive never had these problems before and i really dont know whats causing it. I hope some of you guys know how to solve this and if you need more info please let me know.

Thank you so much in advance.

/cheers
    Last edited by scumdk; 14 Feb 2007, 09:38 AM.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

which software player?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• scumdk
      • Feb 2007

Thank you very much.

Ive tried : VLC , Media player 11, DiVX player & PowerDVD all with the same result. Stretched full screen

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

this is using TV (or DVI) out, correct?

go into your graphics card's drivers settings and try adjusting the resolution. (to the display's native resolution if it's known)
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...