X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmx21
    • Feb 2007

Simple Video recording/encoding

Hi,
    I am a sophomore in college. My University is looking to simplify the recording of our lectures. Right now we: get a student to take a video camera to record the lecture, give the tape to me to encode the tape to wmv, then I upload the file to the server and update the website so that it shows the new file.
    We would really like to buy/build a system that can do most of this by itself. Ideally we would like to be able to do the following: wheel a camera/machine into the classroom on a cart, have the proffessor plug the machine in fill out a form so that the computer knows what to name the file, where to put it, etc. and hit record. The computer would then start recording and encodeing the video to wmv. Once the professor was done they would hit stop and the computer would save and upload the file to the server and possibly update the web site so that a user could access the new file. Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve part or all of this? Thanks a lot.
    Jacob
  • olyteddy
    • Nov 2006

Perhaps a DV Camcorder streaming to http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=...Media_Encoder? (Windows Media Encoder)

Comment

Working...