Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance_
    • Nov 2005

anyone know any good avi joiners?

i've tried avi mux, easy video joiner and a couple others. i got a bunch of small clips that i want to join up together to make one movie file to play on the divx player but so far they all have had problems being played. sometimes it just stops 10 seconds into the clip. others have laggy video or the audio just stops every few seconds. please i really need to get this sorted.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

It's unlikely to be the fault of Avi-Mux GUI, rather the file specs and/or your standalone player. Load the files in Virtualdub and re-encode.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• chance_
      • Nov 2005

that's what i thought :/ - now i have to burn the damn things as part 1 part 2

so you think a player can cause joint files to stop after a few seconds of being played? also when i hit display on the control i see the timer it stays on 13 seconds or something even though it keeps playing. but usually when it hits 13 seconds the file just stops and i gotta hit play again and then it works. still sucks.

but just incase what are some other good joiners? both different programs i used gave me different problems, not the same. maybe i'll have luck with another one. oh and it's a $50 hicon dvd divx player.
      Last edited by chance_; 19 Feb 2007, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

but just incase what are some other good joiners?
        Virtualdub, Avi-Mux GUI, Avidemux. Unlikely it'll fix the problem though.
        Last edited by anonymez; 20 Feb 2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• chance_
          • Nov 2005

fix or be the problem?

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

fix or be the problem?
            LOL. Either actually, see edit

Comment

• chance_
              • Nov 2005

okay i just tried to join the same two movie files in virtual dub that i had before done in avi mux. this time it played fine and didn't stop or freeze when fast forwarded. tested it three times. it could be of either reasons: avi mux or burn speed (i burnt it just then as 2.4x - any ideas why it works now in vdub but not avi mux?

Comment

Working...