Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagsr71
    • Jan 2005

DVR-MS to DVD

OK. I've been searching this for a few hours now and can't come up w/ a viable way of burning recorded TV programs from my HP Media Center to a playable DVD. I've come up with a lot of attempts by people that have used different programs but none seem to be very reliable.
    Does anyone have a reliable system that has rendered quality playable DVDs that can be played on virtually any DVD player time after time? If so, what programs have you used? Editting out the commercials is a must as well.
    I've been successful at converting dvr-ms to h264 so perhaps there's software out there that can convert it to something so that I could use a program such as DVDShrink in order to open it and edit/convert to an ISO?
    Can any one help? Chewy, Blutach, Cynthia, Lt. Columbo, Soup? Anyone?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

A freeware method is using DVRMS Toolbox to cut out commercials and mux to MPEG PS. From there you can demux with ProjectX, author with IfoEdit, process with DVD Shrink if needed and burn with ImgBurn.

Otherwise there is a commercial application, VideoRedo, that will open your file, edit commercials out and output elementary streams, ready for authoring.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Westly32
      • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by anonymez
      A freeware method is using DVRMS Toolbox to cut out commercials and mux to MPEG PS. From there you can demux with ProjectX, author with IfoEdit, process with DVD Shrink if needed and burn with ImgBurn.

Otherwise there is a commercial application, VideoRedo, that will open your file, edit commercials out and output elementary streams, ready for authoring.
      Sheeesh, how many hoops must one jump thru to get a dvr-ms on a platter?

Jagsr, VideoRedo is great for editing out commercials, and it offers a trial period if you'd like to try it out. You then use whatever dvd authoring program that came installed on your pc to create a dvd. I used the trial period, and liked it, but didn't go ahead and buy it due mainly to the crappy signal my cable company puts out, especially on the channels I record from the most. Google for it to locate it's site.
      Last edited by Westly32; 28 Feb 2007, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• jagsr71
        • Jan 2005

Thanks guys. I looked up the info on VideoRedo. Looks like a good program. May be the only time effective/qualitative program out there to meet my needs. I'll be downloading the trial version soon.

Comment

Working...