Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiLPyRo
    • May 2002

wont play on winddvd

ok I have burned the first part of rush hour on dvd and i can open the .dat file with windows media player and it opens and plays
    (not too good quality) but when i put it in windvd doesnt start up and play it just opens the cd and shows me the folder... does anyone know what i did wrong thanks....it was in mpeg format
  • LiLPyRo
    • May 2002

could it be that i am using generic disks?

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

Hi there, your burning a .dat file on a DVDR or a CDR ? is it MPEG 1 or MPEG 2. As far as i know Windows Media Player wont support MPEG2 and you will have to get a program that will, eg WinDVD or PowerDVD ect.

Cheers

Comment

• LiLPyRo
        • May 2002

im using some generics cdr's and its in mpeg1 format

Comment

• sarit16
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Dec 2001

Try using Power DVD or do the second thing.

Howdi there, try using power DVD or if that aint working use VCD Gear to convert Dat file to MPEG and then burn as VCD then should definately work on winDVD.

cheers

sksk

Comment

• LiLPyRo
            • May 2002

OK ill try power dvd but i have it as an mpeg, its just the i open the .dat file on the cd i burned with windows media player and it works, so i was thinking it was the generic cd's because i heard you need good ones

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
              • Nov 2001

Hi, why are you trying to play the .dat file in Win DVD if it plays in WMP ? Also when you try to play the VCD you have created from disc with Win DVD are you trying to play it in File Mode or Disc ? (Just check this, i may be totally wrong as i dont attempt to play VCD's with Win DVD).

Also generic discs should be the very least of your problem, so dont belive the sales person trying to sell you the most expensive discs in the shop. I have used 50c discs and $3.00 discs and everything in between and havent had any problems (for PC stuff, playing burnt VCD's on a stand-a-lone DVD Player is a different story). But later down the track the life span of the cheap disc may deminish, i'll wait and see.

Cheers

Comment

• LiLPyRo
                • May 2002

Ok I wanted them to be able to play on windvd even though it can play on wmp because i need them to be able to play on my dvd player. I the first part of this movie on cd, but i dont know if it actually is a VCD or not. here is a picture of the icon of my cd I burned

And when I put the cd in my dvd-rom instead of automatically
                starting up windvd and playing it just brings up the cd with these 5 folders in it

I did get it to play on WinDVD but only by going into the playlist and opening the .dat file and then it will play but it wont play on my console dvd player or if i just click play on WinDVD. Do you have any idea of what wrong? Thanks for the help!

Comment

• LiLPyRo
                  • May 2002

okk never mind, here is the first pic
                  Attached Files

Comment

• LiLPyRo
                    • May 2002

second pic...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
                      • Nov 2001

OK, after all this, nothing is wrong. You have created a VCD, It wont autoplay as VCD's dont do that !, you have got it to play in Windows Media Player and WinDVD, I cant understand whats the problem. You now bring into your story, you want it to play on your Stand-A-Lone DVD Player, it wont auto play, ie. you will have to press play on your remote. (Note PSX2's wont play VCD's). If your VCD doest play on your DVD Player, please do a search to read the reasons why as this topic has been discussed at least 5 times a week or check out www.vcdhelp.com.
                      Could be :
                      Your dvd player doesnt support playing VCD's
                      Your dvd player doesnt support playing CDR's
                      Your dvd player doesnt support playing the brand of CDR's your using.

Cheers

Comment

• LiLPyRo
                        • May 2002

whew... Thanks for all the help and sorry for all the trouble i've put some people through even though nothing was wrong! Well Thanks a lot again!

Comment

• LiLPyRo
                          • May 2002

trying to see if my signature pic is working

Comment

Working...