color changes from original to greenish after encoding...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance_
    • Nov 2005

color changes from original to greenish after encoding...

in vdub when i compress in xvid from an mpg the original color always goes a been light greenish in the output avi file... i've tried changing color depth but no idea ;/

also, anyone know of any programs that let you brighten videos and keep the same quality as original or do you always have to compress :/
    Last edited by chance_; 19 Apr 2007, 06:44 AM.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Could be the decoder. Download & install ffdshow. Posting a screenshot might help.

As for brightening the videos you could adjust it in your graphics card drivers or in the decoder.
    Last edited by anonymez; 19 Apr 2007, 07:46 AM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• chance_
      • Nov 2005

i'm sorry. it's actually green in all videos (without or with encoding - same thing). media player classic shows all video with a shade of light green on the video... when i compare it to virtual dub the video has normal color. i have ffdshow installed already. i've uninstalled codecs and ffdshow just to see if it would fix it. changed the output options in media player classic to System Default but that just comes up as really REALLY dark video. some reason i have to leave it on VMR7 renderless to make the video brightness normal (just that green shade is always there :@)

Last edited by chance_; 20 Apr 2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

1. Download & install a recent ffdshow

2. Check the video overlays settings in your graphics card's drivers, or better yet just uninstall & update them.

3. If it just happened recently and you're running XP, the easiest solution might be a system restore.

Comment

• chance_
          • Nov 2005

if it's only showing in media player classic why would it be any settings? if it was my graphics card wouldn't it be green in vdub too ?
          Last edited by chance_; 20 Apr 2007, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

Not necessarily.

Comment

• chance_
              • Nov 2005

latest ffdshow didn't fix it... so i'll lean to the graphics card. when i get time i'll install a new driver but i have this feeling it still won't fix it. what else could be causing this :S

Comment

Working...