Xmpeg error #418# "There was a problem loading the . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nolimitz
    • May 2002

Xmpeg error #418# "There was a problem loading the . . . . .

I’m having some major problems with Xmpeg. I keep getting an error every time I try to start it that says . . .

#418# "There was a problem loading the plugins or output plugins were found. Please, check the installation and read the manual."

The thing is that I’ve had this program running on my PC long before this error started coming up. It was right after I started messing with the audio codec but since then I’ve reinstalled everything and because that did nothing I even formatted the whole damb drive.

Someone please through me bone here cause I’m at the end of my rope and just about to snap. Here’s a link to the only other post I found about this, maybe it’ll help. Anything would be much appreciated.

ALSO: already tried all different versions of the program

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you properly uninstalled all of the versions and then tried reinstalling one?

Comment

• nolimitz
      • May 2002

yes, tried that . . any other ideas?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Switch to the older, more reliable Flask...

Comment

• nolimitz
          • May 2002

would you go with an original release or with one like xsis?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

I continue to use the PX3 v.0.594...

Comment

• nolimitz
              • May 2002

Looks like a great program from what I can see, the only problem is that just like the other one, I can't open it. It comes up with the same message. Could it be codec problem? I have the main audio and video codecs installed. Why would it keep do this? I've looked around and no seems to be having this problem other than that one post. I'm running windows 98, P3 800mhx, 500+mb of ram and 40gig hd. Any more ideas?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Other than reinstalling Win98, I don't know what's left to suggest to you. I've NEVER seen this error with Flask.

You could try uninstalling codecs one-by-one and checking after EACH uninstall to see if the program then works properly...

Comment

Working...