Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saildawg
    • May 2002

Sound Problems

OK here is the deal, I reformated my hard drive, got rid of everything, and decided to start from scratch. I have asf files on cd that I tried to play that would have static sounds when playing, but when I minimized it the sound would be perfect. So I concluded it is not a file problem. When I reformated I downloaded the new windows media player. The asf file played perfectly. Then I downloaded the nimo divx bundle, and of course the static problems came back. So I uninstalled it, then I downloaded the divx 5.01 bundle and the static problems occured. What suggestions do you all have? Thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try playing the .asf files from your harddrive, instead from CD.

Comment

• saildawg
      • May 2002

I tried that and there is still static. Thanks for the suggestion though, anyone else.

Comment

• smarm
        • Jul 2002

I had the exact same problem...

I dont know if you've found a solution as I have, but while searching for an answer I stumbled across a fix. Hell if I know what causes the problem, only that a full install of nimo causes some unadjustable volume control to max out on my windows 2000 box, thereby causing distortion and static.

Download and install v5.0 build 7 of nimo and do a custom install. Uncheck everything besides the mpeg layer-2 audio decoder, windows media audio codec, and divx 5.01 codec. I get write errors related to my mp3 codec and full kernel crashes when I try to install some other custom config besides full, which comes with its own host of problems. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...