Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultralight
    • Apr 2002

Big trouble

I converted a Divx to a SVCD then tried to burn to a CD with NERO, everything went fine, no errors then when I tried it in my DVD player I got disk error, so I put it back on the computer and checked the files under the mpg file I saw "no combination of filters could be found to rendor the stream" when I burned it as a VCD it mworked great, I just want to try it in SVCD. Can some one help please?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Do you know for a fact that your standalone player is capable of playing burned (not commercial) SVCDs?

2) In order to play an SVCD on your computer, you'll have to run a software DVD player (such as Win DVD). Winodws Media Player CANNOT play SVCDs...

Comment

• ultralight
      • Apr 2002

Setarip, I DO know that VCD's work on the DVD player, would that necessarily mean a SVCD?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

No...

Comment

• ultralight
          • Apr 2002

OK, now what? how can I tell if it is supported?

//

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

You're beginning to sound silly. Just create an SVCD and see if it plays on your standalone - after you've read the documentation that came with the player...

Comment

• ultralight
              • Apr 2002

Excuse me for sounding

Excuse me from sounding "silly" but I think the whole point is to ask questions as a "newbie" and feel welcome "not silly" I wish I had your experiance, but I don't in this field, maybe if we were to talk about my field you would be "silly" I hope I have enough grace and character so you would not feel that way. If you do not feel like answering "silly newbie" questions someone else would be kind enough. Thank you

Comment

• cheftaz
                • Apr 2002

go to www.vcdhelp.com and check the dvd compatability link to check if your player plays svcd
                Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Whether you're a "newbie" or otherwise, your most recent question was silly because you are obviously in a position to answer it yourself...

Comment

• ultralight
                    • Apr 2002

Not quite

If I were able to answer it my self I would not ask for help from those more knowledgable than my self, all I ask is a bit of consideration of some one less knowledgable, a bit of help from a vet, remember when you first started out? that may help when you answer a question from a newbie.

Comment

Working...