hep, hope is the right place to post about this.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elizerrojas
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Jan 2005

hep, hope is the right place to post about this.

whenever i burn AVI files to disc in my dell laptop and i try to open the disc to view or open those files i get the following massege.
    "windows cannot read from this disk. the disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatibe with windows"
    this did not happend a few weeks ago, i was able to burn avi files,read them from the disc that i burn, i was able to play them or just open them, what gives. now if i take that same disc that can be open in my laptop to my desktop, i have no problem openning or viewing it. i did a in clean up reasently and since then i'm having this problem. thanks.
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

What program are you using to burn these avis with??

What happens when you tried to read the disk with ImgBurn? Is the disc closed?
    Gary D

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

How were the avi files encoded?
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• DellCA
        • Nov 2006

I don't know if this is still a problem or not, but on the off change you haven't gotten it resolved yet, I've got a few questions and suggestions:

If you can read the .avi on another computer then the drive is writing to the disk correctly. Do you have any problems reading disks on the notebook that were created on other computers?

If you know someone else with the same type of Dell notebook you can try swapping the burners to see if the problem follows your drive to the other system, or stays with your computer. If it says with your computer then it is probably an OS or software problem (although it could be with the motherboard). If it follows your drive to the other computer then you know for sure its a problem with the drive itself. In that case, it is a simple matter of getting a replacement drive (very easy if still in warranty, and only slightly more difficult if your warranty has expired).

If you have any other questions on this I will be happy to answer them.

Larry
        Dell Customer Advocate

Comment

Working...