Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

a computer cannot match the performance of a professional duplicator unless you have 4hard drives writting to 4 burners on seperate channels

post a multiple burn log and it's obvious

that's why imgburn uses the cue function

Comment

• vance43211
      • Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
      a computer cannot match the performance of a professional duplicator unless you have 4hard drives writting to 4 burners on seperate channels

post a multiple burn log and it's obvious

that's why imgburn uses the cue function
      you guys seem to know a lot about this. explain this statement again in simpler terms

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I always try to get my burns as high a quality as I can given the media I am using,
        after scores of quality scans, I have found that 8X is the best DVD burn speed,

in my studies I found that people could not even burn 2 disks at the same time from one hard drive as fast or as good as one?

My son put matched nec 3520's in his old box, they would take 10-12 minutes to burn a disk, each drive was standalone master, burning files from a sata hard drive. A single burn would only take 8-9 minutes. Later I found out that the computer still reads the drive twice, now I then tested 2 burns from seperate sets of files on 2 hard drives, both standalone masters and found those burns to be just as fast as a single burn.

if I was using one of your machines I would load all 4 drives with blanks and then use imgburn to burn iso's
        in the cue function

not sure about audio cd's, maybe 32X on TY blanks
        Last edited by Chewy; 4 Aug 2007, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• vance43211
          • Mar 2005

I use alcohol 120. speed isn't really a problem. I tell them to rip it the hdd first as a .iso file, but i know for a fact that dj wise was using the copy on the fly option

what would happen if I got a raid card or use sata burners
          Last edited by vance43211; 5 Aug 2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

raid striped hard drives can keep up with 2 burners on seperate controllers

but I already gave you the optimum solution, test imgburn, I don't fool with audio anymore if I can help it

finding an ide controller to run atapi is not the problem, the disk I/O I refered to is something you cannot avoid.

COF works fine if the original is an excellent burn being read by a good reader and then burned at 1/2 the max speed and the reading and burning drives are on seperate cables

the cue function in imgburn allows you to load all 4 drives with blanks, set the burn up and walk away

Comment

• RFBurns
              To Infinity And Byond
              • May 2006

Here is a link to a site with duplicators. The prices are far less than one might expect for duplicators. And once again, Chewy is right, a PC, unless beefed up with multiple source HD's feeding multiple burner drives cannot match the speed and reliability to a full blown duplicator.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...