Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kid_B
    • May 2002

Please execute on Real-DOS mode

I tried to execute my regionfree firmware program I have downloaded from a startup disk that was created in windows and got the response ' Please execute on Real-DOS mode'. I Then started the system from DOS 6.2 but got the same response, how do I get real DOS then if 6.2 isnt?
    Please anyone help?
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

What version of windows are you using? To start in dos mode, simply choose:

Start, Shutdown, Restart in Dos mode.

Mac

Comment

• Kid_B
      • May 2002

How will that help, the file will not execute in Windows Dos at all.
      Let me try explain again. I want to make my laptop DVD regionless so I have downloaded a program that will make it regionless. The program will only work in real DOS, not windows DOS. I have tried DOS 6.2 but the program still tells me not to use windows DOS. What is real DOS then?
      Last edited by Kid_B; 31 May 2002, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Use a Windows 98/ME Start-up disk and use it to enter DOS. It is likely that the DOS disk that you have does not initialise some 'modes' during start-up. Creating a Start-up disk (from Windows 98/ME) will automatically create the autoexec.bat (and confug.sys, I think) files necessary for some basic DOS operations.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Apr 2002

But Enchanter,

Doing that is the same as restarting in dos mode except that the startup disk has some utilities on it that help on troubleshooting a non working system. I'm not sure exactly what his program is looking for. Starting the system in MSDos 6.2 is "real dos" so if isn't working like that?????

The only other thing I can think of is hitting F8 while booting and accessing the boot program. See if you have an option of starting the computer in a "previous dos mode". Of course this is only available if you had dos installed before you installed windows.

Mac

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

I'm not exactly clear on what Kid_B is doing and experiencing. Basically, you will have to get into DOS mode and not just DOS Shell Mode (Within Windows). It's possible too that the program is malfunctioning. I flashed my DVD drive from within Windows. There was no need to get into DOS.

Comment

Working...