X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertinoalex
    • Sep 2007

widescreen to fullscreen

Hi everybody,
    I use nero 7 for burning movies.Almost every movie I burn is widescreen.When I watch those movies on my tv,I get black stripes on the top and on the bottom of the screen.
    Does anybody know how to get rid of those black stripes?
    Can I use any software to convert widescreen movie to fullscreen?
    Somebody told me to buy a widescreen tv...hmmm...even if I play those movies on my widescreen monitor I am still getting black stripes.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

you are seeing the whole picture as it was intended to show

I got used to the black bars and hate full screen where I lose the sides of the picture

some dvd players have a zoom feature that will remove part/most/all of the black bars

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

some dvd players have a zoom feature that will remove part/most/all of the black bars
      My Sony will zoom, but the "magnify icon" stays in the corner of the screen as long as it is zoomed. It is as annoying as the black bars are...

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

both my old toshibas had the best zoom feature, you could get rid of half or just about all the black bars with the first 2 zoom settings and a standard TV

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

I guess you have to actually try out the demo model in the store, to see if the features work like you want them to...

Comment

Working...