Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theblackscouter
    • Nov 2007

Any feedback ?

Any feedback on what would the average consumer want as far as making home connections with DVD players, TVs, Cable (or Satellite) Receivers, Home Theater Systems, etc. just to make it simple, less frustrating where you could connect these products yourself ? Anyone have any suggestions and/or options ?
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

I read the manuals that come with them.

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

I think that since the advent of fiber optic communications..and when the fiber optic cable was introduced into consumer audio/video equipment to connect the muti-channel audio systems, that a similar method should have been developed to interconnect the individual pieces of equipment.

Or perhaps something similar to a USB or other serial communications link, embedding everything, video, multi-channel audio, control etc.

Perhaps even wireless.

However for anything like that to occur, all the manufacturers would have to agree on a communication protocol standard so that different makes of gear would talk to each other.

I doubt that would occur however.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• olyteddy
        • Nov 2006

I find the fact that the connections are color coded and of different sizes and shapes a pretty adequate system. If only the Damned equipment makers wouldn't use raised black letters on a black background to label stuff...

Comment

Working...