X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klastice
    • Nov 2007

PC to TV - Fullscreen issue

Hey.
    I have no idea what do anymore so I decided to go and ask here.
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, dont know really what is the right cat.

I'm using VGA cable to connect my PC to my Toshiba 42' TV.
    My gfx card is old, geforce 2.
    it works and all but the only problem is that I cant get it on fullscreen, on the TV I see it small, a size of a 17' CRT Screen...

I searched the forums and even other sites, I got all the options selected, (Auto full-screen etc), tried many options Dual-view, and god knows what, I tried "TV Tool" still nothing, it wont change anything.
    and the only Res I can use is, 800x600 or 1024x768, anything else, doesnt work, black screen on the TV.

just to make sure, does it matter if I use VGA Cable or S-Video Cable?

I'm clueless, hope to get some help.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

some time it is depend on your source, try open an iso file with VLC and see if you can get full/wide screen ( double click )
    sigpic

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

Use the S-Vid cable. The tv set itself might have a limit on how it can display the VGA input. You might also check the tv's VGA input settings or adjustments if the set has them in the menu.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Chocol8y
        • Nov 2007

Just my 2 cents - ensure Vid card out to TV is set to 60 Htz (refresh rate) if it does the on vid card properties there will be a picture size button (depending on your card / driver etc.) Alternately one can enable full screen overlay if available on Vid Card. This would show any Vid file played on PC as Full screen on TV - if still unsuccessful then issues is with TV display properties.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Is it only the video that is small in size, or the entire desktop? Some TVs have VGA mode settings that determine how the picture gets scaled. There might be a setting where scaling is turned off, and so you won't get full screen mode. Try to use a resolution as close as possible to the TV's (your TV should be either 1280x720 or 1920x1080, or something similar - the closest you can get is probably 1024x768, if your graphics card/drivers do not support widescreen settings) It is a bit strange that the picture is so small, only 17" in size - it seems the TV is not only not scaling up, it's scaling down for some reason. I suppose you have already updated your graphics card drivers?

If it's only the video that's playing in small size, then look in the graphics card drivers in the "overlay" section for some adjustments. I know for the ATI drivers, there is an option to not scale the video (play at it's original size), and your video player might have a setting for it as well (eg. in Media Player Classic - right click on the movie picture, select "Video Frame" -> selecting "Normal Size" will make the video play in it's original size, and not scale to fullscreen).

If it's a problem with both video and desktop, I think the problem will exists when using S-Video, but then again, the picture won't be as crisp.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...