Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unrox
    • Sep 2007

Computer doesn't recognize burner

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1946956 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=15 width="98%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1946956 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid">I have two computers one has 2 Lite-on drives ,(Sh S182M & Shm 165P6S), the other has a Plextor 760 A & BenQ 1655. My idea was to take the 165 Lite-on and switch it with the Plextor, giving me a Lite-on in each computer so that I would be able to access Kprobe in both computers. When I tried to install the Lite-on in the same slot and jumpers the Plextor had, I got a error message from Nero, when I checked for proper installation, that there were no cds installed, took the lite-on out put the Plextor back in and it works fine, same with the Lite-on put back in the computer it came out of and it works fine. Any ideas ?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px solid"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Sounds like the Nero proggie is not recognizing the drives for some odd reason. Maybe try re-installing Nero after the drive swap.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

here's a picture(sort of)

xxxxxxxxxx dvd burner(master) on top
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      xxxxxxxxxxx other optical drive(slave)
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      xxxxxxxxxx Motherboard

make sure the jumpers and cable position are right

Comment

• unrox
        • Sep 2007

Chewy

Really appreciate your reply, but as a noobie, need a little more clarifiction

Comment

Working...