Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mc1548
    • Sep 2004

Camcorders

I hope you guys can help me on this one.
    6 years ago I bought 2 JVC Camcorder from Fry’s, one for me & one for my daughter when I didn’t know what I was doing. They have no output jack to my PC but JVC offered Hardware for $200 that would make that possible that I didn’t buy. We have 20 mini cassettes now. Since then I bought a new Camcorder that uses mini cassettes but has a USB & Firewire output to my PC.
    Now my daughter wants a new Camcorder so she can have Videos of her new Baby.
    What is best? Mini cassettes or a mini DVD & which one is user friendly?

Searching the Net now days is like talking to a Car Salesman where they all say, “My product is the Best, Buy Me, Buy Me..!!”

Thanks in advance Mike.
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

What I would do, is go to the manufacturer's web sites and look at the specs and features. Then see what features that you can't do with out and then compare the camcorders side by side.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

minidvd is an idea I don't think that's going to fly well, dvd-ram would have been better

now hard drives and mpeg encoding shows a lot of promise

Even 4 gig or larger memory cards may be the way of the future

All solid state and hardly any moving parts would be nice

Comment

• mc1548
        • Sep 2004

Thanks for the Info

I wanted to do som searching before I responded to your post.

I like the idea of Digital Storage Media Hard disk drive & Digital Video Format MPEG-2.
        Digital Storage Media Hard disk drive - 30 GB. 30 GB of built-in hard disk drive (HDD) storage lets you record up to 20 hours of recording time. So on a 14 day vacation that’s only 1.4 hours per day of recording time & you would need to bring a Laptop with you with 60 GB of free space to download & clean out the 30gb Camcorder to hold enough Media so you could shoot 4 hours per day, (but 20 hours of recording time with DVC would take 20 cassettes)

Digital Video Format MPEG-2.
        I’m not 100% sure yet but I think with MPEG 2 you can use a program like Nero or EZ-CD to burn the Video to a CD or DVD & watch them on your DVD Player to TV.
        Mike

Comment

Working...