Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rami_qwe
    • Jun 2002

spyware and Kazaa?

is there any relation between spyware and Kazaa or it is just a fuss created..?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

kaZaa comes with spyware programmes. You can use Ad-aware to remove these programs, though I don't know whether doing so will disable KaZaa. Perhaps a user can input something here.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Apr 2002

If I remember right, it is posted somewhere on this site how to remove the spyware in Kazaa. Basically it comes down to simply leaving one entry in the registry and deleting the spyware program.

I use a firewall and just simply deny internet access to the spyware program. Works just as well.

Mac

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Kazaa lite, is supposedly Kazaa stripped of spyware, it is available at kazaalite.com

Comment

• joan_fl
          • Jun 2002

I believe BearShare is spyware too... Can anyone confirm?

Comment

• andrewmathe
            • Jun 2002

SoRRY folks,u r BIG WRONG kazaa is not at all spyware how can u deny a fact that it is a add ware and kazaa only aim to targetted ads for usful information. Itz all wong rumors abt it.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Apr 2002

Well I really don't care if you call it spyware or adware. It doesn't matter to me what the exact "technical" difference is between them. I don't mind a program that asks to install these additional programs as long as I have the choice. For example, Kazaa will not work if you remove the adware add on. Yeah I realize there is a "lite" version. But it comes down to give the user the choice.

As I stated before, I simply tell my firewall not to allow these programs access to the internet and forget about it.

Mac

Comment

• joan_fl
                • Jun 2002

targetted ads for usful information. Itz all wong rumors abt it
                LOL Well I disagree.. regardless of their reason.. they should tell you theyre going to gather this information for "marketng purposes"... What other reason would they collect it.. than to sell it.

I simply tell my firewall not to allow these programs access to the internet and forget about it.
                I block it too. id suggest everyone else do the same.

Comment

• Batman
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2002

Kazza bundeled with ALTNET uses your bandwidth and excess processing power.

Comment

Working...