Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paffo
    • Jun 2002

Why is this so complicated?

A couple of months ago, I was denied a couple of movies that I had previously downloaded on my Mac whose Divx had expired, (old version). I've since downloaded everything I thought I needed to view these movies with the new with Divx 5.

In my extensions folder of my system folder I have:

3ivx D4 PRI Decoder OS9
    Divx Validator
    Divx Codec
    ASI movie import
    avic.exe (Four CC changer)

I've done just about everything I can think of to view my old AVI movies, but always end up getting the error message "you may experience problems playing back a video track...because there's an error in the program".

I'm doing something wrong. Someone...anyone...help me!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

DivX files don't expire. The long-gone format DIVX discs do though. Which are you referring to? Are the movies that you were denied access to in the form of .avi files or each of them on discs? I have a feeling it's the latter...

Comment

• paffo
      • Jun 2002

Thanks for the quick reply, Enchanter.

The movies I'm trying to view are .avi files. When I originally downloaded them, I could view them with the older Divx version. Now, after downloading the newer version 5.0, I get the aforementioned error message.

I've used the Divx doctor and validator to no avail.

JP

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Use the old DivX codec that you were using then, which should be version 3.11a. Many people using DivX 5 seem to have trouble playing movies that were encoded with this codec (3.11).

Comment

Working...