• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

WMV/Zune Conversion Scripts

Hi,

I've been messing around with converting video files to WMV, so I can put them on my Zune and watch them. I first tried ffmpeg, since it's the fastest. I then tried SUPER which uses ffmpeg, and it also didn't work. Both of those would let me import them in the Zune software,but it has to "convert" when putting it on the Zune hardware. Zune's conversions suck, and take way too long.

I figured out that I can use Ulead Video Studio just fine. I create an encoding profile, I can adjust the framerate, size, bitrate, everything, and the end result will always work. The problem with this is that Ulead is FAR too slow, taking about 25 minutes for a 1.5 minute video.

So my question is this. Does anyone know what exactly Ulead does that ffmpeg doesn't? And could I use whatever rendering engine Ulead uses in a custom-made script, that would allow me to drag a file onto it and the file would be converted?

Does anyone else have a Zune and managed to encode videos for it?

Thanks
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Well, I'm looking for something that will convert a single video file.

I can do DVDs fine with a certain DVD ripper that we aren't allowed to say due to rule 19. But it has a "Convert to Zune" feature which works quite well.

But I want some way to take an AVI file or something I downloaded, not just from a DVD.

But I did figure out that I can download directly from YouTube and no conversion is needed, if you add &fmt=18 to a video, it makes it iPod format.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Then you got to go two step convert to dvd then dvd to ipod
      sigpic

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Yeah but that's a huge waste of time and quality.

Anyone know any other ways?
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...