Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secretspy711
    • Jun 2002

more video capture

Hi all. I'm new here. I've got a wireless video camera attached to my R/C helicopter and I want to make some videos. What I have right now is a 2.4 Ghz X-10 receiver (model no. VR30A), with analog video outputs going to a D-Link USB capture device (model no. DSB-V100). BTW, this is going to a laptop, 1Ghz, 256MB ram. This works, but many frames are dropped, resulting in a very shaky video. And, just like in the other thread, if I connect it straight to the TV, its beautiful. I'm assuming my bottleneck is the USB interface. Its set at the max bandwidth (8MB/s), and if i drop that, it gets even shakier. So, my question is this: Is there anything I can do to get a smoother capture? Is there another, better way to capture it, like, analog to.....firewire? Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. The receiver also has coax output if that helps any.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Capture as uncompressed avi (you'll need gigs upon gigs of free space) then later convert to mpeg or divx, or the desired format of your choosing.

Comment

• secretspy711
      • Jun 2002

i recall trying that, and it still was not smooth to satisfaction. Wouldnt that require more than 8 MB/s to be really smooth? I appreciate the help, but is there any OTHER way i can make this work the way I want?

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

It should be clear, use Virtualdub, keep background apps off. Also, there's this huffywuv (or something like it codec name's a little off) that supposedly offers "lossless capture." check it out

Comment

Working...