Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unrox
    • Sep 2007

Vcr to Dvd

Just picked up a Dvd recorder, have a Vcr Player/Recorder, I would to copy some Vcr tapes on to Dvd, what is the best way to go about this.What cables would I need to get this done.
    T.I.A..
  • Technophyle
    • Mar 2005

First of all you need to make sure the tapes are your personal home movies....

Once that is confirmed then we won't have any worries about Macrovision or Copyright issues.

You will need one of a couple different setups.

1) USB video capture hardware.
    2) Video card with a TV input on it.

Either way you go, it's been my experience that it takes a great deal of computing power to be able to capture a quality image.

Technphyle

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Uhh...

Get a RCA cable, plug the VCR into the DVD recorder. Set the time mode, press Record.
      And I will say that there's a way around Macrovision, though I think it's against the rules to discuss it so that's all I'll say.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• Technophyle
        • Mar 2005

My bad! I thought he was referring to a DVD burner.

Yep, it's just that easy, RCS cable to the recorder and set the correct input.

Technophyle

Comment

• unrox
          • Sep 2007

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
          Uhh...

Get a RCA cable, plug the VCR into the DVD recorder. Set the time mode, press Record.
          And I will say that there's a way around Macrovision, though I think it's against the rules to discuss it so that's all I'll say.
          I bought The Bronx Tale, I own it legally, I would like to make a back-up, I have purchased a stabilizer, Have an S Video cable, Rca cable, what is the best hook-up? Also do I need to be hooked up to a TV in order for this to work?
          T.I.A.

Comment

Working...