• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Instant Reply Not Working

Hi folks,

I am directing this Question/Comment to Admin or one of the Moderators ...

Has something about this Forum changed ... before if I started a Thread or joined in a one ... I would get an Instant message in my e-mail letting me that there is a "Reply". Now, I have NOT changed my setting under "User CP" ... but I don't get any e-mail Notifications anymore!!!

Q: Do I need to change something in my settings or the Forum does not do "Instant" or any kind of notifications anymore?

Thanks,

G!
    PS - Probably something that I am missing.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

I got some and they seems to be 12 hours late in the delivery. Perhaps something that got messed up after the fire.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Some people did report email problems on their server after power was restored, due to DNS and other issues on the network (not all of the network was up and working when power was restored). I will have a test to see how long it takes for instant notification to get sent.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

I just did a test and got an instant reply basically instantly.

In your user CP there is an option to specify whether you want instant notification to be turned on automatically for new posts you make:

Make sure it's set to "Instant Notification".

I find the length of time between the notification being sent and you getting them depends largely on your mail provider. Gmail, I find, works best. Hotmail and others sometimes put these notices in your spam/junk folder. Yahoo (takes hours to get delivered) and AOL (blocks them) is the worst.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi Admin & Cynthia,

I was not so worried about "how fast" I was getting my messages ... is that I was "NOT" getting them at all ... because I started a thread about a Q that I had and never got a reply then I thought I know there is a lot of smart people on this forum and someone must have an answer or a lead for me ... so I came on and did a manual search for my thread ... long and behold ... there were few responses BUT I had never gotten an e-mail notification of any kind on it.

Well Admin ... I don't know what you have done ... but it seems I am "Back in Business" again ... since I got these e-mails from different threads again.

THANKS A BUNCH!

G!

Comment

Working...