• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

Ketan

I just thought I would let you know that I put 60 minutes of dv video onto one svcd with dvd2svcd using cce in 3 pass mode and it comes out great. I use winxp so my dv file is usually 13gb. I upgraded from winme for the exact same reason of doing what you are trying. I got fed up with the 4gb limit of the fat32 file system. Let me know if you accomplish your feat.

Mac

Comment

• KETAN
      • May 2002

I Mac, I went to the link suggested by you and went through all the experiments and the comments by people. Frankly it looked rocket science to me and do not wish to venture till I have something easier to try.
      I have XP and 40+30 GB HDD. I have today FAT32. Should I go to NTFS ? Any side effects?
      Thanks
      KETAN

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

First, going to NTFS will eliminate your multiple avi problem BUT you might want to go to your favorite program support web sites and see if they are compatible with whatever version of windows you plan on going to (xp, 2000, nt, etc). If at all possible, I would update. I did specifically for this problem. I do alot of dv transfers and was constantly hitting the 4gb limit.

Mac

Comment

• KETAN
          • May 2002

Hi Mac,
          It worked. I am on NTFS now and at peace. I have posted couple of issues those I am facing in virtual dub. See if you can resolve any of them.
          Thanks
          KETAN

Comment

Working...