X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

Flash (.swf) conversion to video

I'm looking for a way to convert Flash movies to AVI. I know I can do this as a frame-by-frame screen capture of the Flash movie and then assemble those images into an AVI format, but this can be quite tedious, especially when I have to go back and sync an audio track to it.

Has anyone heard of any software that can do this in a single step? I've canvassed lots of download sites, but can't find anything like it.
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

use screen capture software such as Camtasia or Snag-it.

Comment

• benedict
      Lord of the 4th Estate
      • Jun 2002

Cool deal! I kept chasing the stuff under "video software". It never occurred to me to look under "screen capture". Duh?

Camtasia looks especially good, but being on a poor man's budget (charity work and all), SnagIt seems a likelier possibility. I'll definitely give both a try however.

Thanks for your help!

It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Indeed, software can be an uneccesary burden, especially for those of us who give charity, perhaps you may find "salvation" in p2p networks

"It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy."---funny

Comment

• benedict
          Lord of the 4th Estate
          • Jun 2002

p2p? I'm guessing, but isn't that peer-to-peer?

If it is, no thank you. No one comes in to my hard drive until I get a second one and partion off just that segment for that use. I know that's not a perfect defense, but it'll make the hacker work a lot harder at screwing me.

And, heck, I was one of the first to advocate a firewall even for 56K connections. Learned that one night when my wall was up and some server (I couldn't get past it to the source) was testing my euphemerals digit by digit to find a leak. It wasn't there, but it was one hell of an interesting hour I spent trying to track them.

To naught, I'm afraid. But they didn't get in. And that is the point of it all.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

There's many ways for malacious hackers to get in, but your sealing one of their gateways Yes P2P networks, can be a gateway for hackers.

Comment

Working...