Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericsan256
    • Jun 2002

software based 5.1 decoder for TV

I'm looking for software that will decode Surround or AC3 5.1 from my TV. I want to bring the audio out of the TV tuner to the line-in on my Santa Cruz sound card, then use some software to decode the surround into 5.1. The card has 5.1 outputs.

I can listen to 5.1 using Powerdvd with a DVD in the PC, but I want to do the same for TV as well.
  • tecnition_ted
    • May 2002

????? tv with digital sound????

tv dosnt have digital sound the only ones i know of is on digital and the sky+ all the others are in dolby suround and have no digital out
    if you have an on digital box then you should have a dolby dig output on the rear of the box that then needs to go into your decoder but if you have a card you will prob find it has no input unforchanatly i would buy an external box there geting chep thes days and when you want dolby on your tv just plug it into the decoder. but be warned most tv chanels although coming out in digitle they are in suround so with all the expence is it worth it?
    Ted
    ps youl also notice that if you watch say sky 1 if they put a movie on they seem to put most in mono (although the ads are in stero)

Comment

Working...