X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KETAN
    • May 2002

Virtual dub 1.3 vs 1.4

Hi,
    I have tried to use both the versions of VD.
    I found 1.3 better.
    Using 1.4 I get a huge 'capture' file on my drive which after exiting the capture mode I need to save in Avi. So temporarily till you save Avi and delete capture the HDD needs double the space. 1) Capture file 2) Avi file.
    Whereas in 1.3 straight it saves the file in Avi format.
    Any comments or tips?
    Thanks
    KETAN
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

As far as I know, ANY version of VirtualDub captures ONLY in .AVI format - so I don't understand why you believe you need to duplicate files...

Comment

• KETAN
      • May 2002

Sorry,
      I think I goofed up somewhere in specifying the output file type.

One question.
      I have captured huge AVI 16GB file on my XP-NTFS.
      Now I want to cut the last small part and remove it. I do not have space to save it as a new file. I need to overwrite file. Virtualdub says
      "AVIoutput: The process can not access the file because it is used by another process"
      Any way out ?
      Thanks
      KETAN

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Any way out ?"

If you have a DivX codec and an MP3 codec installed on your system, and perhaps 1 Gig of space left, use VirtualDub to first compress the file. If you're successful and the results are aesthetically satisfactory to you, you can then cut the small part off the compressed file - and then delete your original capture.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• KETAN
          • May 2002

Thanks,
          Does this mean that I am saving the compressed file with a different name and then since the original file is now rendered useless and hence may be deleted?
          Compressed file (Video - compression - Huff) also gives an output which is 60% of the original.
          But then the problem is my DVD2SVCD does not accept compressed AVI.
          Thanks
          KETAN

Comment

Working...