Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rinkguy
    • Dec 2001

Xmpeg - file in use?

Every time I go to start conversion I get an error saying "An error occured when trying to generate the file. Check that you're not using the output file or that the program is setup correctly"
    I use the same settings I always use. What could be the problem?
  • Fooshnik
    • Jun 2002

Close XMPEG and go to your output directory and delete the files in there. If you get a "Cannot delete file" message then hit CNTL-SHIFT-ESC and look for "XMPEG.exe" and kill the process. Then delete the files in the output directory. If not using Win2000/XP, it may be easier to just reboot.

Comment

• rinkguy
      • Dec 2001

That's not the problem. I have had this problem for months. I can use Flask 6 with no problems, but I want to encode in YUV. When Xmpeg first came out I had no problems with it. Since I have reinstalled XP and the software several time in hopes that it will resolve the problem, but no go. The other issue I have is when i set up the audio, I choose MP3 128 bit stereo, then when i go to continue, the program simply crashes (doesn't freeze, it just disapears). I have gone through the program several times changing options and setup, but I still get the same problem with the file in use or program not setup correctly. I then followed the instructions to some guides word for word. Same results. Is there another program that I can use that will encode in the same amout of time as Xmpeg does, that is not as tedious or time consuming as gordian knot. Or do I simply have to stick with an 8 hour encoding that Flask 6 offers?
      thanks
      Rinkguy

Comment

Working...