X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

Well at least the Canadian operations will still be there.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2006

Transfer Time? Eh?!

Comment

• SBN
        • Jan 2005

Just wanted to chime in and let some of you know who purchased extended warranties that you have nothing to worry about. If the company itself is the maintainer then they are obligated to continue (i.e. they sell off the contracts to another company which will maintain the support exactly as sold).

From what I gather Circuit City contracted out extended warranties with another company. In this case you will then go directly to them for coverage. And of course should they fail, see above, your contract will simply be transferred to another company.

Short of that, there is a legal obligation to insure continuing coverage, or refund remaining balance. The downside is there have been cases that had to go through the court system, but in the end the consumers do have the weight of the law behind them as any company wishing to sell such warranties had to oblige by certain regulations in order to be in compliance.

So, I would advise any and all at this point to either contact Circuit City, or look up online to see where your warranty will be covered. They most likely will have this up on their website, or corporate website.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

How would they do a refund/replacement though? The lady on the phone told me before that they would send me a Circuit City gift card for the amount I paid for the thing to begin with.

Now obviously that won't work. Anyone know if they'd send a check? Or what?
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2006

The replacement is covered by the extended warranty company. If they do not abide by the terms of the extended warranty contract they are in breach of the contract.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

I get that part... I'm just saying, I wonder how that extended warranty company will handle it as they can't give Circuit City credit anymore.
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
              My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2006

The company has been already paid by Circuit City, so they will have to give you a check.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                  I get that part... I'm just saying, I wonder how that extended warranty company will handle it as they can't give Circuit City credit anymore.
                  There's probably some company backing the warranty company like insurance companies have companies that reinsure them. I was surprised a few times when I subscribed to programming magazines years in advance to get a rebate for the remainder of issues when they went belly up.

If the guy who sold you the policy isn't named Ponzi you may be ok.

Comment

Working...