Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muxon
    • May 2002

Update: divx freak out

a while back i posted about some fantastically curious things happening during divx playback (video freezes, audio continues, video speeds up and catches audio.... splicing of random frames... video resizing and flying off the screen... spontaneous total system reboot, etc). i thought i had considered everything, but it was not until i had to use one of my monitors for another system that i realized this... i could play fine before i got dual monitors, but not after.

the solution: disable the other monitor during playback.

of course, this is rather annoying and i'd like to be able to have my cake and have more cake too... but i doubt if i could write a better driver for my video card than nvidia already does.

has anyone else had similar issues with dual monitors? it works fine in games, applications, normal use. everything but movies. and really, the weird part is, it seems to be all formats, all players. they all do exactly the same thing.

for reference, my system is: p4 1.8, 512 ddr, nvidia geforce4 440mx 64mb agp, windows xp pro. i have all the latest codecs, players, updates, patches, drivers, etc... as far as i know.

...weird stuff.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Have you checked with your motherboard manufacturer if your specific model has certain issues associated with the problem? I've checked with mine the first few days after I bought my motherboard. Many people seemed to have issues with DivX playback, though I was fortunate not to suffer from it. For most cases, a BIOS or driver update would solve the problem.

Comment

• petieboy
      • Mar 2003

I get this problem, on my Geforce2 GTS, but only when using TV-out.

My GF2 GTS doesnt have Twinview architecture like your GF4 MX.. but nonetheless, it seems like outputting the signal onto anything other than the primary VGA display is causing this problem?

Comment

Working...