How do I convert from OGV(theora) to AVI?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Wilson
    • May 2009

How do I convert from OGV(theora) to AVI?

Hello,

I need to convert the conatainer of my video file from ogg(ogv) to AVI, while retaining the Theora compressed core.
    Is this possible? I've already tried FFMPEG.

Thanks,
    James
    Last edited by James Wilson; 31 May 2009, 04:51 AM.
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi James,

Look at Post #5 in this thread ...

Also this might give you a clue ... to zero on a converter that handles OGG period.

I am not sure but SUPER might do the trick also ... I know it does OGG Audio ... but I am not sure if it handles Video ... but here is the download for the proggy ...

SUPER © Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer. A GUI to ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer, x264, ffmpeg2theora & the theora/vorbis RealProducer

Post back your results for the next person's benefit.

G!

Comment

• James Wilson
      • May 2009

mencoder

I actually found that thread already, but haven't been able to find a download of MEncoder, just SMplayer, which supposedly includes it, but I didn't find it in that package.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Are you running Windows? If so, try videohelp.com you should be able to get MEncoder there. Also there is a direct link to download SUPER. I could never manage to download SUPER direct from the SUPER web page. There's some circular reference that requires some Einsteinian time warp or something. It's much easier to just get it from videohelp.com. Anyway, SUPER I believe, has MEncoder as one of the encoders.

I think there are some other GUIs using MEncoder also on videohelp.com

If you're on Linux then it's been a few years since I Slackwared. I didn't get into video conversions on Linux back then.

Comment

Working...