Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vosselmans
    • Jun 2002

Help!!!!

I have recently downloaded divx 5.0 for my windows mediaplayer. After downloading some movies and music which played good, the divx stopped working.

Now I only receive the message "divx failed to open the file .......etc" Even after uninstalling and again installing the divx player I still receive the msg.

There are also 2 files which I cannot delete in my "Incomplete" folder of the Limewire application. Namely "part 2 of a movie" and a mp3 file. Both are not completely downloaded, but both cannot be downloaded completely anymore.

If I try to delete these files or try to do anything else with them my P4 1.6 gigahertz and 512 mb ram start to overload and my pc does nothing for a minute or 5.

What has happened and more important how can I start using my divx player again!!

I know this is not a lot of info but it is all I can give,

please help!
  • vosselmans
    • Jun 2002

It should read the Divx player 2.0 Alpha installed by the Divx 5.0.2 Bundle (the freeware version)

Comment

• vosselmans
      • Jun 2002

I am quite impressed by the help I have received. It might be a suggestion to the programmers of the Divx program to spend some money on a client service, i think that it is quite a waste of talent to make a program and not give any service. But that's how Microsoft got rich. And if money is all yo care about..

very short.. stuff it..

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"There are also 2 files which I cannot delete in my "Incomplete" folder of the Limewire application."

If you have DOS on your system, exit to DOS (DON"T just open a DOS window from your desktop) and delete the files...

Comment

Working...