Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalsfx
    • Jun 2009

Please suggest budget video cameras for professional work

I would like to buy a video camera, with which I can shoot broadcast quality short films, documentaries etc and those which can be exhibited at professional short film festivals. However I dont have a limitless budget and lesser the cost I can get it at, the better it would be.
    The really professional, very high end cameras are out my reach. But I would like to get quality that is professional and is globally accepatble.
    The lesser the cost the better, however I have a slightly flexible budget, can stretch but only if its really necessary.
    So can anyone suggest what are the lowest cost video cameras that have a professional quality ?
    If I mention the budget then one will start suggesting within that budget be at the higher end or the lower end. Rather I would like to know the lowest cost cameras among the ones which definitely would give professional results(with professional sound quality too).
    And also which is better HD or HDV ? Would higher end SD cameras be better then lower end HD cameras ?
    Thanks ..
Working...