Can I Use MediaMonkey and Play through My Denon 3808CI?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordpuffer
    • Oct 2006

Can I Use MediaMonkey and Play through My Denon 3808CI?

I know this is a video forum, however, I wanted to see if I could throw in an audio question......I have a Denon 3808CI. I also have about 4,000 songs in FLAC format in MediaMonkey. The Denon has a USB port and the capability to connect to a network. Does anyone know how I would play my songs in MediaMonkey through my Denon Receiver? Thanks.
    Last edited by lordpuffer; 3 Aug 2009, 04:34 AM. Reason: Make a Change
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

I am not sure if it will work, I have basically the same receiver instead of the Denon with the wireless connection, I have the Onkyo which is wired only.

I set mine up without any problems, of course my Onkyo (which I imagine your Denon is also) is designed to use WMP as the server, and this is what I use to store my songs, and I store them in WAV format so they are lossless, just as the FLAC you use.

I guess this is really of no help to you since I have no info on the use of MediaMonkey, and problably can't since I don't use it. I doubt it is comapatible, but maybe it is. Is MediaMonkey compatible with other device designed to use WMP?

Comment

• lordpuffer
      • Oct 2006

Just so you know, my Denon is not wireless.....I have to connect it from USB to USB.....I don't know much about MediaMonkey, and neither does Denon. Denon said it would work with a paid program called twonkyvision which is a Media Server. I'm not sure if it will play FLAC files, and don't really want to pay for it, and MediaMonkey is free and does play FLAC files.

Comment

• copyless
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2006

I'm sorry it was the 4308CI it may have even been the 5308CI it has been a while back that I was looking at them, instead of the 3808, I remember when I was buying mine, I was looking at the Denon and Onkyo, and but it wasn't the 3808 because I remember that they had basically the same power output and features but the Denon was wireless, and the Onkyo wasn't.

I wish you luck in working this out.

Comment

Working...