X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

70% Off WinDVD Pro 2010

Corel originally intended to have a Microsoft exclusive offer for the launch of Windows 7, where buyers of the new OS can get WinDVD Pro at only 30% of the usual price, so instead of paying $99.99, you only pay $30. I think it's only valid for the download version, and not for WinDVD Standard either.

However, the coupon code was leaked and Corel can't do anything other than to allow everyone to enjoy the deal.

The coupon code is P843951, where you can enter it at checkout. The offer is only valid for US and Canadian buyers only though.

Here's the purchase link (using this link to buy WinDVD Pro helps this website)

As part of the same leak, there's also 70% Off Corel Digital Studio (also $30 after discount):

Save 70% on downloads of <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-702087-10716118">Corel Digital Studio 2010</a> with coupon code <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-702087-10716118">P843951</a>

Corel Digital Studio include WinDVD Standard 2010, PaintShop Photo Express 2010, Corel VideoStudio Express 2010 and Corel DVD Factory 2010.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Yep, I tried it on the box version and it didn't work.

Not a bad deal, though, considering I *am* using Windows 7 and the OEM version of WinDVD that came with the laptop (Vista, though) refused to play Blu-Rays due to an AACS key error. I contacted their support and they said Windows 7 wasn't supported, to go back to Vista (What kind of support gives that as an answer?)

So anyway, yeah, I'll probably wind up buying this sooner or later... any idea when the deal expires?

--EDIT--

According to the shopping cart, it expires November 23.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

According to the email I got, the deal expires at the end of the month, although it may be extended.

Comment

• Alien Bay
        Always learning
        • Oct 2004

Is there that much of a difference between WinDVD Pro and WinDVD Standard that I wouldn't opt for the Digital Studio package? From what I'm reading, the Digital Studio package includes several other programs in addition to WinDVD Standard?

Any idea how disabled the PaintShop Photo 'Express' program is?
        APOD

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

WinDVD Pro has Blu-ray playback (and associated features such as AVCHD, AVCREC playback), WinDVD standard does not.

Don't know much about Photo Express, but it most likely offers the basic photo manipulation options (like red eye removal, color adjust, cropping ...).

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

I bought WinDVD Pro. And removed the OEM version that came with my Vista.

I still have to get an AACS key - I'll test that out next time I go to play a commercial Blu-Ray disc. For DVDs, I'm set with MPC, so I was really just after a software Blu-Ray player.

On a side note, when will they start making 64-bit Blu-Ray players? I notice even the 2010 version is x86 still...
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Probably not a lot to gain by making it 64-bit, to be honest. With GPU assisted decoding, the CPU usage is already quite low, and hardly anyone needs to do something else while playing a Blu-ray movie, so the CPU just sits there wasting cycles. Making the application use even less CPUs is just going waste more cycles. And Blu-ray playback certainly won't need more than 4 GBs of memory.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Well I'd figure media players, of all programs, would be the ones to need the most memory consumption. Certainly more than some other 64-bit programs like WinImage or HHD Hex Editor Neo, right? LOL

I have the 64-bit Media Player Classic, and when I'm watching 1080p videos (like the high-definition movie trailers from iTunes and such), the CPU usage DOES get quite high - up to about 50%. Granted that's still only half the CPU, but I've always known video playing as the main usage of CPU, which is why people who are into gaming have to keep upgrading their parts so much (GPU, too)

But oh well, I'll have to test it. WinDVD8, using Vista, worked pretty well (that was 32-bit Vista though)... though it wasn't quite as seamless as it could have been... every few minutes it would drop a couple frames and recover, though I'm thinking that's my drive and not the software's fault. (I've already figured out that it's a 4x max burner and for things like audio CDs refuses to rip at more than 1x speed... pathetic)
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Alien Bay
                  Always learning
                  • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                  ....On a side note, when will they start making 64-bit Blu-Ray players? I notice even the 2010 version is x86 still...
                  Does this mean a standard Blu-Ray reader/writer will not work in a 64-bit machine?

I have a 64-bit HP and was thinking about getting a BluRay burner.
                  APOD

Comment

• admin
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2001

Blu-ray player as in Blu-ray software player, not as in the drive. They will all work on 64-bit windows (hardware and software).

Comment

Working...