Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soundhound
    • Dec 2009

Transfering from 3/4" machine to DVD recorder

I got an old used, but in good working order 3/4" tape machine to archive some old tapes to disc. I'm thinking I might have to first record them to my DVD recorder, then import them into iMovie, quicktime from the files on that disk. But I'd love to do it directly, so:

1) Anybody know of a way to go from a 3/4" deck with BNC outputs (I think that's the kind of output it has, the model is Sony BVU-150. Into a modern DVD recorder with a single rca video and stereo rca audio inputs, also has an s-video imput.

2) Or is there a way to go directly from the 3/4" machine, into usb or firewire?

thanks!
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Hi. It's been at least four years since I converted all my hundreds of VHS tapes to DVD ( which is what it sounds like you're trying to do) so new hardware/software is on the scene so I might be all wet. Since you have a Sony you might be messing with a BetaMax, but if it's VHS you can probably get a video card from Best Buy that will allow you to feed the vids in. For laptops the best bet would be an external DVC150 from Pinnacle (it has an S vid port as well as RCA's.) Like I said, I've been away for a while so there may be better solutions out there, but since nobody's responded...

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

Hi. It's been at least four years since I converted all my hundreds of VHS tapes to DVD ( which is what it sounds like you're trying to do) so new hardware/software is on the scene so I might be all wet. Since you have a Sony you might be messing with a BetaMax, but if it's VHS you can probably get a video card from Best Buy that will allow you to feed the vids in. For laptops the best bet would be an external DVC150 from Pinnacle (it has an S vid port as well as RCA's.) Like I said, I've been away for a while so there may be better solutions out there, but since nobody's responded...

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

The machine that he has is a professional video recorder like the news stations use.
        Last edited by doctorhardware; 8 Dec 2009, 03:46 AM.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

ah so...like I said, it's been ages. I s'pose now days the hardware blows your nose for you too.

Comment

Working...