Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zow2
    • Jun 2002

DirectX 8 issues

After I installing DirectX 8 and its SDK, my CinePlayer and/or InterActual Player will no longer play DVDs. I tried reinstalling to no avail. I'm getting "ASSERT Fail" error messages. Any hints tips?
  • sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

Try removing SDK.

howdi there,

i know how it feels when new things dont work, try uninstalling the sDK, that stuff ups lots of things from a personal experience, if still aint working, uninstall DirectX 8, BOOT PC, then reinstall DirectX 8.

cheers

sksk

P.S. Let me know how u go,

Comment

• zow2
      • Jun 2002

hey sarit16,
      thank you for your prompt reply. before i had gotten your response i decided to try installing another dvd player application to see if that would somehow sync up with the directx8 installation. so i downloaded and installed DirectDVD and sure enough DirectDVD worked, so then I tried the DVD software i already had and they worked too! however, i still get an error message when i try to close the DVD software. so perhaps i should try your suggestion anyway. i really need the directx sdk for video game development; more than i need the DVD player for (ahem) "personal entertainment".
      z

Comment

• sarit16
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Dec 2001

it's upto u.

good onya it worked, try playing the dvd with Power DVD thats an awsome player,

i guess its upto u to decide what u want more sdk or player?

good luck with which ever u choose anyway

cheers

sksk

Comment

Working...