X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • booly
    • Mar 2002

repair suggestion please

Just wondered if anyone knows any unofficial repair people for camcorders

I just dunked my pride and joy XM1 (2 years savings) and since I am not very good with money I forgot to insure it and Canon refuse to fix it so I am stuffed unless I can find a repairer who is willing to have a go

• sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

whats wrong with it but?

howdi there....boy u must be feeling really ba...

coz i know how it would feel when u save up heaps to get it..coz i just bought a sony dcr-trv50 after 2.5 years of saving, so i i dtffed it i would be really mad.

so what is wrong with your's?

cheers

sksk

Comment

• booly
      • Mar 2002

hi mate

I feel a more than bit of a dumbo

the LCDs are FUBARed and playback gives huge horizontal blank stripes it is probably totalled,

the worst part is that insuring it would only have cost me £10 a year on top of my house contents - aaaaargh! in fact I kind of thought I was covered but was not

Canon UK support are not used to dealing with the uninsured and were not (as yet) able to consider helping me out with a replacement body, not exactly what I would call silver service

I bought it from France as it was £500 cheaper there so I have sent it back to them to see if my retailer (Nomatica) can help get some sense out of Canon France

So - insure that little box of fun !

thanks for the sympathy & good luck with your stuff, what are you interested in filming ? I was trying to get wildlife, hence the close encounter with a pond.

Comment

Working...