Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kujo
    • Dec 2001

Unable to use MPEG-3 audio in Flask in XP

I'm running XP Pro. I installed FlaskMpeg and went to rip a DVD.
    After selecting the the output type to .avi and going to set up the
    codecs I found I had no mpeg-3 selection for audo any longer.
    I installed the Radium MP3 pack without error, but there is no MPEG-3 option in the Audio Setup. I tried the 0.6 preview and basically had the same problem.

I've done several movies under Me. I've had XP for awhile and have just gotten around to getting a movie I want to turn into a divx.

One last thing, I know there are folks having aspi layer issues.
    I've been able to rip the DVD to the hd ok with SmartRipper, and have no issue with that. My only problem is not having the MPEG-3 sound codec as an option when I'm selecting codecs. I can create an avi file using PCM but the file is WAY too large. I want my MP3 Codec Option!!

Anybody else run into this and have an answer?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Kujo; 10 Dec 2001, 01:10 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the MP3 codec is available under VirtaulDub, a simple workaround would be to first Flask the video with PCM sound and the quickly convert the sound to MP3 under VDub.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Trancemaster
      Snoogins
      • Dec 2001

Have you tried usin DivX audio? I'm not sure if it's just on 4.01 or 4.11 too.
      Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Netsniper
        • Dec 2001

Yeah Ive had the same problem with XP Pro, but Ive never tried on any other OS so I can't verify that. I also installed the Radium codec, but Flask wont find it for some reason. Weird. Havent figured out how to fix it yet either. If you find out please email me the solution: khermans@amalasoft.com

Kris Hermansen

Comment

• Kujo
          • Dec 2001

Well,
          I've done some experimenting now and have found this. If I rip the DVD with SmartRipper 2.4 in 'Movie Mode' I avoid the wierd 'director documentary' angles that kept popping in the avi file. Using FlaskMpeg .6 or 5.94 I cannot select mpeg-3 for the audio. I also found the new 4.11 DivX avi driver does not compress the video very much compared to the older Low-Motion
          codec.
          Finally, I can make a good DivX by using the VirtualDub program to convert the audo to mpeg-3. It's a great program.

Thanks to Setarip for that thought.

I still don't know why Flask won't find the mpeg-3 audio codec but at least vDub works as it should and converts the audio for me. Thanks for all the replies..

Comment

Working...