X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nagual
    • Jul 2002

DV to Divx in Virtualdub with no Audio

When opening DV avi file in Virtualdub it gives me this message:

"Warning: Type-1 DV file detected.Type-1 DV files have video and audio combined into one stream, and VirtualDub currently cannot extract the audio.Only the video stream will be available."

I install radium codec and divx codecs.
    How can i solve this What is needed.
    Thanks.
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

What exactly are you trying to do with it in vdub? Are you trying to encode as a divx?.

Mac

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

I have absolutly no experience with DV video, so bear with me here.

You need to extract the audio from the DV avi file, using some other tool, and then mux the audio back into the divx avi you create in virtualdub.

Are you able to play the DV video in WMP ?, if so you should be able to extract the audio using GraphEdit.

You can get Grahpedit from www.doom9.net
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• nagual
        • Jul 2002

Hi everybody
        I'm using DV cam and ieee1394 firewire card to transfer my movies to computer as digital movie. I use adobe premiere DV Pal option 720x576 25fps avi movie. But 20 minutes avi takes 4 gb of my hdd.

I need to compress them without losing quality. (I need both Mpeg2 and divx format)
        Using Tmpgenc i can easily compress them to Mpeg2 format.
        But the movie has interlace problem. In tmpgenc I use non interlace filter but The quality doesnt satisfy myself.
        I heard that virtual dub and smart deinterlace filter gives better result. i will try it but i disappointed when hear no sound.

I can listen and watch this film with WMP. This avi format needs dvsd codec which comes with ulead video studio or pinnacle studio7. When you install one of them you can watch and hear in WMP. Also in Tmpgenc i can compress them with audio.
        Thanks

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Get graphedit from www.doom9.net, open graphedit and drag the avi file onto the graphedit window.
          Graphedit will then construct a filter graph that will render both audio and video.

Remove the audio and video render filter, and insert a Direct show->NullRender instead of the video filter, and a DirectShow->FileWriter instead of the audio filter, and set the filename to whatever.wav

Press the play button, to generate the wav file.
          Last edited by khp; 8 Jul 2002, 10:27 PM.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...