Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VERT
    • Apr 2002

remove lame codec?

I have the latest version of the Ace mega codec pack installed, how do I remove the lame mp3 codec from my system as it is giving me encoding problems.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Uhh...uninstall it using whatever uninstaller that came with the installer?

Comment

• VERT
      • Apr 2002

Enchanter, are you familiar with the Ace Mega Codec pack? I thought you would be

When you install the Ace Mega Codec pack, there are no options to choose what codecs you wish to install (like Nimo offers) and when uninstalling the Ace Mega Codec pack there are no options for uninstalling only certain codecs, it either the full package or nothing as far as the install/ unistall goes.

I can goto add/ remove compenents and I wont have the option of uninstalling the Lame Mp3 codec.

I can go into a program called Reg Cleaner and into the Unistall section (which is a lot better than most programs I have seen out there and there is no option for uninstalling it)

Dont try and tell me otherwise because I know it is installed on my system, due to any mp3 encoding I wish to do, there is an option to use it.

Comment

• VERT
        • Apr 2002

Fixed, this is how you do it if you need to know

go to your Control Panel / Multimedia / Devices tab and look under "Audio Compression Codecs". All your installed codecs will be listed there. You can re-prioritize them, disable certains ones if you wish, or remove individual codecs.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I haven't used the Ace Mega Codec before indeed. If you are bothered by the inability of the pack to allow you to manually select which codecs should be installed, you can always use other codec packs.

Comment

Working...