Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colburn112
    • May 2002

audio question??

ok i tried something different this time when encoding a vcd with tmpgenc. I extacted the audio in virtual dub as 48000 instead of 44100. WHen i tried to burn it with nero as a vcd, it said it was not a standard vcd because of this. Will this cause any problems in playback on a standalone dvd player or will the sound be better? (i was tryin to make the sound quality better)
    thanks in advance i hope i was clear enough on my problem.
    thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Although it may play very well on your PC, I'm afraid that you'll discover it to either play silently or in a staccato fashion on your standalone DVD player - since the standard for VCD audio is 44,100 Hz...

However, if you're fortunate, some of the newer players may disregard the "error of your ways" ;>}

Comment

• colburn112
      • May 2002

ok i accidently did this to another one of my movies and i really do not have the time to rencode this one also, is there a way or software i can use to convert the audio in my mpg from 48000 to 44100, thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

• colburn112
        • May 2002

so is there nothing i can do about this besides rencode the movie with 44100 audio????

Comment

• Freedom4VN
          • Jul 2002

AS I know, If you have software Cool Edit or cool edit pro (audio edit) You could convert wave file from 48 khz to 44.1 khz and increase the volume for louder.
          follow this guide on this web site : http://forum.vcdhelp.com/userguides/78196.php (read the third part of this guiding)
          http://www.syntrillium.com (download cool edit trial version)

hope someone can give you a good hint.

Comment

• colburn112
            • May 2002

iight thanks for the reply, what i did a couple days ago was redo the mpg file in tmpg enc converting the audio from 48 to 44 and it worked out just fine after 8 hours of addtional encoding. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...