Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IOG
    • Jul 2002

Audio problems

I made a short little 13 second video for an intro to encoded videos. Well, it works fine, but, obviously, I need to get the framerate to match the video framerate. I can set the framerate fine (in VirtualDub), but then the audio is off (of course). Is there any way to shorten the audio stream? I don't care if it gets higher, I'm not shortening it to the point that it would get annoyingly high. So, is this possible?
  • IOG
    • Jul 2002

I suppose this is probably an unanswerable question. Anyway, if anybody knows, please tell me. I don't care if I have to download a new program, do tons of math, and take over a small country, I need to know!

(This site has some fun smileys X-D)

Comment

• benedict
      Lord of the 4th Estate
      • Jun 2002

Download Chronotron II. It's a WinAmp plug-in that will shorten or lengthen an audio selection without changing the pitch. It's available here.

I don't know if WinAmp plays WAV or not, so you might have to do a WAV-MP3 conversion, but there's tons of freeware to do that. Look around.

Play your audio thru WinAmp, adjusting the tempo until you get your desired length of time.

While you're doing that, you'll want to be running a program called Silent Bob (from completelyfreesoftware or zdnet), also freeware. When Silent Bob is running, it keeps a buffer (on your hard drive in WAV format) of the last 2 minutes of audio played by your system. Tell it to store that buffer when you get your tempo right.

Finally, take that WAV file into any WAV editor (check out the sites mentioned for freeware) and chop off the parts you don't want. Then just tell something like VDub to lay in your new audio on your shortened video.

A word of warning: I have not done this myself. Still, it should work.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any problems.
      It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• IOG
        • Jul 2002

Thank you!

Though I just used WinAmp's file-out module . . .

It worked

Comment

• IOG
          • Jul 2002

Thank you!

Though I just used WinAmp's file-out module . . .

It worked

Comment

• benedict
            Lord of the 4th Estate
            • Jun 2002

I figured there was probably an easier way, but not knowing anything about WinAmp other than what I've been told, I wasn't aware the file out thing. I have since downloaded it . . . I was looking to replace my player (RioPort...garbage!) anyways, and that gave me the perfect excuse.

Glad it worked out so well for you, but think of all the fun you missed by not fooling around with Silent Bob and WAV editing!

It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...