Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • traveler
    • Feb 2002

Video File Info

I am looking for software that can tell me all of the information there is about a video file.
    My problem: I captured from my DV camcorder using Ulead's Workshop. I then used SteadyHand to remove some of the jerky spots. The SteadyHand file is not as good as the orginal. I don't think I have the options set correctly. I need to know the details on the Ulead file to setup SteadyHand to match it. What I am doing now is making a file with different settings to get the best looking. It would be nice to skip this long process.
    Thanks for any help I might get.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Virtualdub can display a video file's information. See whether it does what you need it to do.

Comment

• kevin abq
      • Jul 2002

VOB file information

There's also a little app called VOBrator which gives you information on .VOB files. You can get it at:

digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article
      Cheers!
      Kevin

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

If the above fails, try MovieID available from the "Software" portion of this site. Put its ICON on your desktop and "drag and drop" your video on it.

The good thing about this is that it doesn't trust the header info and can thusly give you true info even with a bad header.

The downside? On occasion, it thinks a file with audio doesn't have any. A small price to pay, especially when the above solutions can fill in that blank.
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...