X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadyraver
    • Jan 2002

Ripping DVD's that are too large to fit on one DvdR

Hello Everyone.

Like alot of people I am new to copying ripping and copying dvds. I do own a pioneer AO3 dvd burner. I also have successfuly ripped and copied a dvd under 4.3 gig using the guide on VCD help.com. However I was trying to rip and copy a dvd over 4.3 gig using the guide on this site. When I got to trying to figure out the bitrate calculator part I got lost. Im not sure what to do at this point. Say for example when I ripped JP3 the ac3 file is 250mb if you convert that to a wav like the guide says it comes to 0.99 gb. I have a couple of questions:

First do I go by the wav file or do I go by the ac3 file. In the guide it says that you don't have to convert to a wav if your burning program supports ac3 audio. I use the latest version of primo. Does that support ac3 audio?

Second when looking at Rempeg and trying to change the bitrate scale Im lost here too. Im not sure what to set it too. Does anyone have like a default that they use all the time when setting this. The reason Im not sure what to set it at is because Im not sure what im doing with the bitrate calculator. Is there like a general setting that I can put the scale on.

I love the guides on here there great. It made it possiable for me to successfuly make my first dvd which of course was under 4.3 gig. I just wish it was a litte more easier to make one that is over 4.3gig. By the way is there any easier way to do this.

Thanks guys for all your help

Harris
Working...