Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ggoin
    • Oct 2004

powerpoint to video/dvd

Hi all. I produced a nice Powerpoint presentation of graduates for our area homeshool celebration, and their parents want a copy to keep. But, I don't know how to get it to a videotape or to a file to burn a DVD. I use Powerpoint 2000, Adobe Premiere 6.0, Pinnacle Studio 8 and Roxio DVD Creator 6. I master on Canon's GL-1. I have a Pinnacle video input card, and thought it would output the video to the camcorder, but can't get anything. Setup problem, maybe? Any help would be appreciated. Gary Goin, Paducah, KY ggoinphoto@hotmail.com
  • ggoin
    • Oct 2004

Hi again - an additional problem: I have a DVD from a friend's DVD recorder that I want to import into Premiere to edit. But it won't play on any DVD player I have. I'd hoped to play in my Apex DVD player and capture by s-video to my computer...or even play out to my Canon GL-1 then capture real time to Premiere. Outside of having to go to his house and let him play it out into my camcorder, I'm stuck. Suggestions?

Comment

• Comberman
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Aug 2002

First query:
      I haven't used Pp for years and chose not to install it from my Office 2k disk. But as far as I can remember, it is possible to make an avi file from a Pp timed/scripted presentation. If the same is possible in Pp2k can you not load that into DVD Creator to create the relevant Mpeg2? Failing that Premiere 6 will export a raw avi to video tape and you can maintain the quality by exporting to video without re-compressing.
      Query 2:
      Rip the DVD to an avi file. You will find the relevant software is freely available (DVD2AVI/DVDDecryptor) on most Digital Video sites. Import the ripped file into Premiere and export it as you would like it.
      Hope this helps
      Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• ggoin
        • Oct 2004

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...