I've a DVD file with LCPM audio. Help. iNVERSE tELECINE?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benotto05
    • Feb 2006

I've a DVD file with LCPM audio. Help. iNVERSE tELECINE?

I want to make a KVCD by using as source file one .MPG file, captured by Cyberlink PowerProducer II, from a VHS tape in EP MODE. The video is MPEG-2 and the audio is LPCM.

I use TMPGEnc (new version), but as you all know you can't import a MPEG-2 file into the software, so I use VirtualDub MPEG-2 to frame-serve the video & audio streams into TMPGEnc.

But the problem is that when importing the .vdr file, TMPGEnc reports It will have to do Inverse Telecine. Now what does that mean?
    So, I choose the right parameters for the KVCD, and now hit Start, and then in the lower part of the screen I see that TMPGEnc is doing that Telecine stuff and need to calculate (i don't know what), and after that it will start the encoding process.

Now, I didn't wanted to wait a lot of time, so I unchecked the option in "Settings" (the one which says 24fps something..), so I hit again the Start button but in the screen appears an error window, (i don't remember the text on it) because I was on another PC. IT also says something about a 'ntdll.dll' file.

So, what I'm asking is how to reencode a MPEG-2 file with LCPM audio, using TMPGEnc without doing that inverse telecine, and what does that term means?
Working...