• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
    From what I heard when I worked at best buy, that was going to be closed also.
    hi doc. hit best buy today. not much there as far as accessories. mostly electronics, games, videos, etc.. also past by staples. usual stuff, but nothing i use to see at comp usa. radio shack is radio shack. mayb a slight more there as far as cables, connectors, and such.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

I guess that mail order is the way to go now.There is newegg,microcenter,tigerdirect to name a few. I was in radio shack today they have gone down hill was very disappointing.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

thnx for the confirmation. looks like yesterday was see what's left out there day. lol. i've been doing newegg since joining here. heard of tigerdirect b4. are they still reputable as they've been said to b? what's your take on microcenter?

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

I have a local retail outlet for microcenter where I live. The prices are good but I always check around to see if it is a good deal.
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

thnx doc. i do the same w/the prices, and of course a reputable source. change is inevitable, so yes i guess online 4 the most part is going 2 have to b the way 2 go.

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
              sata 1 is 150 MB/s
              Sata 2 is 300 MB/s
              dma5/pata ata 133 was 133 MB/s

that larger cache is about the only thing that can go that fast, the actual hard drives
              do well to get much above 50 MB/s
              I think this what you meant when I posted in the 1tb thread that even when Cynthia upgraded to double the buffer size it only increased by about 26 mbs on data access. Is this correct, or do I have cache and buffer size confused? It's only obvious that 26mbs faster is no way double the 52mbs or so she had previously, and w/double the buffer size of 32mbs on that new drive.

Comment

Working...