Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wooduck32
    • Feb 2005

Avi To Dvd -*/+/.,

I download alot of AVI Files and wish to make dvd playable.
    Ive tried using Nero vision express but am getting error about 10% the way through transcoding.
    so ive tried converting to dvd via WINAVI converter then buring via dvd shrink but plays on my dvd player bloody shocking pixelated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

June 05, 2005 Saying for the day: "Don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow"...

Comment

• rrrrob
      • Oct 2004

Why wouldn't you do all of this using Nero? I see a lot of people suggesting other software to convert .avi to DVD-mpeg, and I am trying to understand why.

Also, a similar question: I have Nero 7 Ultra. I am trying to join a string of .avi files with a separate audio stream, and then get it all on a DVD, all without de-interlacing the video. Can I do this all with Nero 7? So far, I haven't been able to because Recode keeps hanging up on me after I import my files and hit the "Next" button.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

nero is crap for converting. audio sync issues all the time with folks it seems not to mention much less flexibility, filters, settings etc. if you wish to append avi's, i'd be looking at virtualdub or converting them to mpeg-2 first and join them at the authoring stage.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...